Dr. Geert Driessen received a teacher’s degree before continuing on to study pedagogy and educational science. His Ph.D. thesis was on educational careers of immigrant children. Until 2016 he was an educational researcher at ITS (Institute for Applied Social Sciences) of the Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands. At present, he is semi-retired and active.
His expertise lies in the field of education in relation to ethnicity/race, social milieu/SES and sex/gender.
His major research interests include:
- early childhood education and care
- dialects, regional languages; bilingual education; language development
- educational careers
- educational priority policy; educational inequality; educational opportunities; educational disadvantage
- parental involvement, engagement and participation
- religion, denomination, Islamic schools.
Last updated: 30-July-2021