Dr. Geert Driessen received a teaching degree before continuing on to study pedagogy and educational science. His Ph.D. thesis was on the educational careers of immigrant children. Until 2016, he was a senior educational researcher at ITS (Institute for Applied Social Sciences) of the Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands. At present, he is semi-retired and active.
His expertise lies in the field of education in relation to ethnicity/race, social milieu/SES and sex/gender.
His major research interests include:
- early childhood education and care
- dialects, regional languages; bilingual education; language development
- educational careers
- educational priority policy; educational inequality; educational opportunities; educational disadvantage
- parental involvement, engagement and participation
- religion, denomination, Islamic schools.
Last updated: 29-May-2023